Monday 27 May 2013

Abstract Illustrations


Today I’ve been working on my journal I’ve had to write as an intern helping the 3rd years. I’d run out of things to write, so I’ve done some experimenting with illustrations as it’s been mentioned in my journal and in conversation with my 3rd year partner that it’s something I need to work on.

So with this work, I decided to mess about with shape and proportion and work on some more abstract stuff that I don’t usually do. I’m pretty happy with the results, so I thought I’d blog it.






Most of the pictures on these are from a magazine called Citizen K. I get the French version as reading it every now and again keeps the French in my head after not studying it for a couple of years. Plus it’s €1 instead of £6. BARGAIN.


Ok, it’s not exactly illustration. I’ve just cut up body parts from magazines, matched them with clothes and drawn a couple of things on them. Not much, but it’s a start! For someone who doesn’t usually like doing illustration, I like the surreal effect this kind of collage illustration gives. I’ll definitely look into exploring this idea of size and proportion and try and incorporate more of my own drawing into it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment